The Artwork of Margaret (Sumner) Bucher (1924-2006)
Notes, Tools and Techniques
- Camera: Nikon D80 Digital SLR
- Lens: AF Micro Nikkor 60mm
- Copy Stand: Beseler CS-14 with post reversed to shoot the floor
- Lighting: Camera flash in commander, non-flash mode with 2 remote Nikon SB-800 Speedlights in a "W" configuration
- Exposure controlled from my workstation using a PC-camera USB cable and Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 and View NX software programmes
Creation of the Showcase
- Raw NEF images were captured by Extensis Porfolio V8.5 Digital Asset Management software.
- Images were edited using Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (64-bit) and Camera Raw 6.6
- Test images were exposed and edited with a GretagMacbeth ColorChecker ® Gray Scale Card but NOTE! Every display device varies in brightness, color balance/temperature, and color saturation/vividness. It is not possible to optimize the images to display the same results on everyone's device. On my four screens, the images appear to be slightly less vivid, slightly darker and slightly bluer than the originals and each of the four screens is slightly different.
- Image manipulation in Photoshop was limited to:
- Cropping to just the painting
- Correction any distortion from rectangular caused by the photographic setup
- Rotating the image to the correct orientation
- Extensis Porfolio V8.5 has a website creation tool which was used. The Showcase template was selected.
- Image attributes include some standard ones and the following custom ones:
- Size (in inches, height x width)
- Paper (standard watercolor paper or whatever was used)
- Notes (whether signed, dated, framed, given to someone or merely given a "thumbs up" at a family session perhaps 17 years ago in 36 E. Central Avenue Moorestown, including Anne Ertel, Beth Lucas and Stephanie Lucas.